How To: Get A Date
February 7, 2010
Posted by on
Hi. I’m Marla. Gimme a Minute. No really, I’m only going to take a minute of your time. I want to talk to you about dating. Actually, about not dating.
I have lots of friends right now who are not dating anyone and they tell me they want to be. I have my doubts about that and here’s why. It’s because of what they are and are not doing. Here is the Marla Method to follow if you want to start dating.
1. Get off the computer. Match.com; e-harmony, personal ads in the newspaper never work. Take if from me. I know this.
2. Get out of your house or your apartment. Go do something you like. You’ll meet people who like to do the same thing. If there are no women or men there you are interested in, perhaps you are doing something that will not sustain a relationship. Take a look at that.
3. Before you get out of the house, clean it. Just in case you do meet someone and you decide to bring them home for a cup of coffee or glass of wine, you want to have something to drink out of that doesn’t have mold growing on it. It sets a bad tone.
4. Smile when you meet new people. You look less grouchy, depressed, lonely and creepy. And
5. If you meet someone interesting, ask for a phone number and then call the next day or the day after. Only call once. You don’t want to end up with a restraining order do you?
Good luck!! I’m Marla. Thanks for listening. See ya!