Breaking Up Doesn’t Have to be Hard To Do
April 15, 2010
Posted by on
Hi. I’m Marla. Gimme a Minute. Really, I’m only gonna take a minute. I want to talk to you about breaking up.
A few months ago, I gave you some suggestions for dating, or at least finding a date. So now, assuming a few of you followed my advice, it’s possible you are either tired of that new person, or the newness is over and you want to start over with someone new. No one put a ring on your finger, right? Of maybe they did and you want to give it back. Here is the Marla Method for breaking up.
1. Do it in a public place like a restaurant or library. Someplace where there will be witnesses if necessary. Have a clear path to the exit door.
2. Remember to bring any personal items this person left at your home. You don’t want any excuse for him or her to come over again to try to get back together.
3. If he or she starts to cry or get emotional, excuse yourself to the restroom and tell them you would like them to pull themselves together before you get back.
4. Have a friend call you 45 minutes after your meeting is supposed to start so you have a reason to leave if you need one. If you can handle things, just don’t answer the phone.
5. Don’t date any of his or her friends. Ever. It’s bad form and bad friend Karma. You wouldn’t want him or her dating one of your friends, would you?
I’m Marla thanks for listening. See ya.